Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deleting PM messages..??

Ramfins59

It seems that currently there is no way to delete old PM's since the Forum changeover.  We can only store just so many PM's before "the mailbox is full" and then we can't receive new PM's.   It was easy to delete them in the "old" setup.  I understand that Dave Ambrose is looking into this problem and we'll hopefully be advised of a "fix" soon.

I've received several PMs from frustrated members who can't figure out how to clear their in-box.

Count me in as one of them. I can't see any way of deleting old messages.

Dave thinks it's a software glitch.

Which is ironic, seeing as how this was supposed to be an "upgrade" over the previous version, where deleting PMS was easy to do! :rolleyes:

I've just been clicking "message" in the top right of the conversation....... a small menu drops down, then click "leave conversation"........

Easy Peasy...............:)

What I can't figure out is how to delete notifications after you've read them.

Yea I can't figure out how to delete notifications either.

If you don't want to delete them all, open the ones you do. Hit leave conversation. It will delete that complete thread. 

Here's how it works on my iPad (I don't get a cogwheel) to delete individual conversations, one at a time.

Open the PM envelope at the top of the page

You'll get a drop-down inbox list; click on any one and you'll get a page with that thread, plus your inbox on the left, and a Message button to the right on the header.

Go to your inbox on the left and click on any individual thread you want to delete there, and click on the Message button; it will drop down a window that asks "Leave conversation?" Click on that and you'll get a pop-up box that asks if you're sure about that, so just click yes. Repeat for any individual messages.

Edited by sjordan2