Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie Limited 1947 Chevy Coupe

Gregg

Maybe...seems kinda big for that,almost like the large black borders on late model 1-1 cars. It'll be interesting to see how it looks painted, the other one I saw didn't have them painted either.

Nice paint job by the way. 

Edited by mike 51

Those lines for the window weather stripping are about the right size for all but the roll down windows in the doors, they  didn't have weather strips around the glass,, just the felts in the runners, and a wiper strip at the lower outside, the inside was a felt and stainless strip

Edited by horsepower

The more I look at this model, the more I am impressed with it.

Definitely it's a Two-For.

Build two of them. One, quick, like this. Seeing where you have all the issues, what needs to be glued first, painted or repainted.

For the exhaust, I rushed it, and had to cut the exhaust where it goes over the axle since I didn't put it in first.

Also, had to play with water pump hoses, to get them on right way. Really needs to be done right, and taking your time.

Unless you are our buddy, Marcos Cruz!!!!! 

I really liked this build. I may recycle it, or do another Coupe. I am doing the new '47 Fleetmaster Aerosedan, but that's going to be a bronze/brown lowrider custom.

awesome kit

Really nice build Gregg!! I have this one in my stash. I plan to build it "Gas Monkey" style, Semi-gloss black paint, wide whites with chrome reverse rims, lowered with a slight rake, sbc with dual exhaust, disc brakes, stock interior. At least that's the plan... for now....:P:lol: