Model Cars Magazine Forum

airstream camper

jerseyjunker1

well i have done what i could on the camper. it will be the new office in the yard. this was a Franklin mint 1/24th scale distressed camper and missing some parts. the awning was totally busted i had to remake a lot of the parts on it. it works good now. although it works i am leaving it wired in the up position. at the shows it may get damaged again. the whole hitch and winch was missing so i remade one one of the propane tanks was missing the top part so i had to make that. i didn't like the blue overhead cabinets so i redid them with wood. it was missing some lenses so i put my own on. it was factory painted a silver gray color i covered the whole camper with aluminum and tried to make it look old and loaded with junkyard parts. the man was one of those cheapo figures that i re positioned painted and gave him a beer and cigarette. hope you like it.

[/URL

Now I like that Manny. We don't see too many Airstreams in this part of the Pacific. There have been a few imported over the years but not many. especially now with the Au$ being as low as it is against the US$. It was down under 70c yesterday so we're not importing too many luxury caravans.

Regards,

RHB.