Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mountain Bike Transporter

PatW

Love it! Where did the bike come from??

Somebody needs to do a 1/25 XJ cherokee so I can load some bikes on it as a replica of my 1:1 :D

Spex84 see pic below, one Trek mbk, two top boxes, two roof racks with fittings as on my McLaren MP4-12 Camo below also.

86.JPG

Thule top boxes & roof rack.JPG

Thanks guys for your comments.

Stephen I used to be a race and air traffic marshal at the Silverstone circuit 5 miles from here. When we had a Bultaco Trials Bike in the '80's I would put the trailer on the back of our family Beetle and take the bike to do just as you said. It was far too crowded to use the car inside the circuit so I would use the bike, great fun when you think that most of the spectator viewing areas then were high grass banks alongside the track, perfect for a trials bike when I had an hour or so off duty during the day!

Thanks guys, I'm pleased that you like my efforts. Yes you just can't throw anything away, there are plenty of ways to rescue/rebuild kits, I just put the name of the vehicle into Google image search, and things appear that make you think, YES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

That's great!

I got here by looking for rear mounted bicycle racks for 1:24 scale cars.

I want to mount the 1:24 scale IXO 1959 Mobilette on the rear of my Heller Renault 4CV.

I was thinking that if the driver went on holiday to one of the medieval towns in Brittany or Normandy with narrow and steep winding streets he would be smart and use a gasoline powered bicycle for the Summer.

Thank you for the inspiration

My pleasure Kinnon. Yes the idea of an old Mobilette is just right for Brittany and or Normandy. We go to Le Mans (24 Hour race) now and again and still see the old Mobilette's on the streets especially in the small towns and villages we go through!