Model Cars Magazine Forum

I feel like I'll lose my gearhead man card for asking... but does any manufacturer make a Toyota Pruis model?

I have a Fujimi Prius G. It's a pretty nice kit of a JDM Prius, typical Japanese kit design. It's curbside with a decent steerable suspension, nicely engraved chassis and separate suspension pieces with polycap wheels. The interior is a bucket with separate seats, right hand drive and decent detail. The body is very nice, with open grilles but no opening panels. All the lights are clear with chrome backs that can be detailed correctly. Window masks are provided, and the door windows are up.

As with most of my builds, it's stalled in progress.

Edited by SSNJim

Hey, we're not going to just take your gearhead man card away, but your regular man card too! ?  Nah, just kidding. You can do worst. A few years ago I bought Academy's 1/24th scale Opel-Pontiac Le Mans GSE. A local hobby shop had a couple of them sitting on their shelves for years. (In fact the rest maybe still be sitting there.) Sometime the "plain" or "nerd" car can fun to model too.

I have a Fujimi Prius G. It's a pretty nice kit of a JDM Prius, typical Japanese kit design. It's curbside with a decent steerable suspension, nicely engraved chassis and separate suspension pieces with polycap wheels. The interior is a bucket with separate seats, right hand drive and decent detail. The body is very nice, with open grilles but no opening panels. All the lights are clear with chrome backs that can be detailed correctly. Window masks are provided, and the door windows are up.

As with most of my builds, it's stalled in progress.

SSN? which boat? Just curious.I'm a ship nut.

USS Greenling (SSN 614), USS Birmingham (SSN 695) and USS Finback (SSN 670) were my permanent boats. I also rode at various times USS Batfish (SSN 681), USS Tinosa (SSN 606), and USS Sunfish (SSN 649). This was all between 1978 and 1992. Qualified on all but Batfish.

You must be building the Special Edition "Jeff Dunham Baby Blue Prius"  complete with yappy Chihuahua!!  But he's a manly Chihuahua, too bad the Prius isn't!!!  Maybe you could put a little "Walter" in the trunk, so you could say it does run on gas...

USS Greenling (SSN 614), USS Birmingham (SSN 695) and USS Finback (SSN 670) were my permanent boats. I also rode at various times USS Batfish (SSN 681), USS Tinosa (SSN 606), and USS Sunfish (SSN 649). This was all between 1978 and 1992. Qualified on all but Batfish.

Good gravey man!!! You spent more time UNDER water than on it!!!! LOL!! You must have been there when they brought the Ohio class boomers on line. Thats about the right time frame.

Greenling was stationed in New London at State Pier, directly across from Electric Boat. You could see most of the Tridents and 688s being built as you could anywhere on the New London riverfront. As we were pulling out one day, Ohio was returning from her construction sea trials - that is one big boat.

I had a buddy stationed on a sub tender at Holly Loch, Scotland. He used to watch them get under way and count the seconds between the sail going by, till he saw the tail plane pass. He was Thunderstruck at just how BIG that sub was. I think all he had seen up to that point was fast attacks, no boomers.:D