Model Cars Magazine Forum

Our police officers

cobraman

My deepest thanks to all the Police that serve and protect. I was told long ago that a policeman/woman is like another person but with less rights.

Now the seem to be getting shot down for doing their job protecting us all. I hope everyone of the scum are tracked down and prosecuted to the full intent of the law. 

I am deeply saddened when I hear about one of these incidents happening 

One doesn't have to like the positon, but one should respect it.

Modern society is built upon rules and regulations, which when followed, people prosper.

When not, pandemonium occurs.

Sure a few bad apples but thats called humanity.  Infact, look at a basket of apples, it takes but one or two to make em all look bad.  Wipe em clean and you find most are in fact very good.

Rules & regulations are only followed by people who want to follow them. Others just do as they please in this "Hurray for me FY" world. I've noticed over the years that some police officers think that they're "above the law" as well.

No one who gets into law enforcement is naive enough to believe it's all kittens and sunshine out there.

Of course there's an element of danger involved, 80 percent of the training is in preparation for that.

No one should be the target of a random violent assault just because of their occupation.

We lost a LVMPD cop off duty, in his own driveway last year, targeted because he was a cop. Then there are the two officers who were killed eating pizza.

ALL LIVES MATTER

G

The problem is that there are fewer people today that have respect for life. Police are needed  because there are so many in society that do not respect the lives and property of others. Its too bad that there are people who would champion the cause of one group of people, at the expense of another. Anyone who thinks that trumpeting that the cause of any group, doesn't minimize all others is kidding himself.

No officer, or his family,  should have to worry about wheather or not they will make it home at night. This is a diturbing trend.

On a lighter note, I think Capt. Clay Higgins from the Laundry Township, is an officer that deserves our respect, because he cares about his job and the people in his community, and he's entertaing to watch.