Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '36 Ford Roadster

Al Hoffman

36_Ford_046.thumb.JPG.6eafd3bac1cf1040af

This is the finished product that I just posted on On the Workbench. It was built for our 2014 December same kit contest. Took about six months. A lot of that time was spent just correcting and cleaning up the kit. Covered a lot of the construction details in the On the Workbench post. Here's a short summary: 3" to 0" rear to front section, running boards removed, frame cut loose from floorboards, Phantom Vicky running gear adapted, Revell '32 Ford engine used with manual transmission adapted, scratch built exhaust system using the old Auto World plastic rod (still flexible after 50 years. Interior is basically stock with aftermarket gauges. Duvall windshield is soft metal covered with Bare Metal. Pulled it from the parts box. No idea who made it.

Paint is Testors Green Lime One Coat lacquer, body and floor pan. First two coats decanted and sprayed with an air brush to get into the tight areas, then followed by two wet coats from the can. Finished up with two coats of brushed Future.

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for looking.

36 Ford 031.JPG

36 Ford 049.JPG

36 Ford 053.JPG

36 Ford 044.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot I like about this model, particularly your revised proportions that don't come off as 'forced', leave the car instantly recognizable as a '36 Ford, but make the viewer wonder just exactly what's different about it.

Nice design work.:D

Some nice custom work happening here. Nice wedge look while keeping it off the ground for daily driving. Well done!

You two have hit on and understand what I was trying to accomplish with this build.

Many thanks.