Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cabin fans?

There was a guy out of Hamburg, Germany, that made P/E fans for a while.  I think his name was Harold Weber, but I don't know whatever happened to him.  As far as i know, his fans were the only ones available.  Some of the CTM sets might have fans, but I'm not positive.

Oh, and they're not just in "old trucks".  Our 2002 Smeal Ladder Truck has these fans in it.

You are very out of luck on getting those sets from Harald Weber. They were in a specific set for the freightliner cab over kit. He only made a very small run of those sets. I bought three sets as I knew they would be very rare! I have never seen those little fans offered in any other photo etch set. They were offered in an AMT truck kit on the Chrome tree. It was either the Watkins Kenworth or maybe the Freightliner I forget at the moment.

The AMT Kenworth W925 has a cabin fan on the chrome sprue, one are also included in the  AMT Kenworth K123 and the T600A kits.
It would be a nice thing to have these fans in photo etch, the ones included in the kits are not that good looking.