Model Cars Magazine Forum

my book is ready

jerseyjunker1

Wow that is really cool that U wrote,& actually had a book published.Congrats.I see that BnN has it listed as a hard cover,for around $27.While Amazon has it listed as a paperback for about half the price.Are they the same book?And basically the book covers how to make junk cars,ie.weathering,etc?If they are the same book,I think I know who I'll buy it from.Thats why Amazon is running a lot of folks outta business.Oh well,this is the 21st century.B).

Wow that is really cool that U wrote,& actually had a book published.Congrats.I see that BnN has it listed as a hard cover,for around $27.While Amazon has it listed as a paperback for about half the price.Are they the same book?And basically the book covers how to make junk cars,ie.weathering,etc?If they are the same book,I think I know who I'll buy it from.Thats why Amazon is running a lot of folks outta business.Oh well,this is the 21st century.B).

thanks guys!! the book it is basically a table top picture book of some of the models i have done over the years. its nowhere near as nice as Michael Paul Smith's book but for those who like junkyard and barn find vehicles i think you may like it. if anything it will look good sitting in the basket by the toilet.icon_smile_big.gif if this book works out OK i have another one planed but that's a long ways off.

• 2 months later...

That's awesome Manny.  

"Since childhood Solano has always been fascinated with salvage and junkyards. His father would go to find parts for his car and Solano would immediately go off on his own. For him, it was like the greatest playground in the world. He would find a unique car and pretend he was driving. Then he would pull up the seats and open glove boxes, looking for treasure"

This sure brought back memories, I grew up on a junk yard.