Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meng with small lift

Starting work on menu F-350. Going to do some small mods to it. I am adding set of wheels Jim at micronitro machined for me with Scenes Unlimited Trxus 46" tires. These tires are a real Nast cast. Also some B-N-L batts and winch. Going to make some bumpers a grill and air suspension for it. Going to try for a Kelderman type of lift. Should scale out to about 24 inches of lift. Want wheels and tires completely clear of body.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey tht looks amazing but I gota ask where did you get the rims from those things are killer? 

had Jim at micronitro.net machine them for me. Found some fuel off-road wheels I like then sent him a pic of them and he made them. The bead lock I saw on some drag wheels so asked him to throw them on. 

image.jpg

So I started making rear bumper while I wait on some rod ends for lift. I always forget something. I have no idea what I am doing only scratch building I've done is a few parts on my GT. I just started putting styrene in a rough shape and will sand to final shape. Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Another little update. Finished the rear bumper. Besides that been draw up some parts for 3d printing.

i have a question for anyone who can help what's the best to use for making linex spray in bed liner?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Joe,

Awesome work!   I use Rustoleum Black Texture paint.  You can get it at Walmart. Perfect for bedliners and other exterior parts where you want a textured finish.

David