Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes W124 Estate

Perspective Customs

Never seen that kit before. Details?

Thanks guys.

It's sort if a rare kit and can be pricey if you find one. The box is dated 1987. This is the AMG version.  There is a non AMG version on the auction site now for $108. Of course I didn't pay anything close to that. My motto, "never pay retail". Thanks again

20150902_164212.jpg

Edited by Perspective Customs

Never seen that kit before. Details?

Here is a link to the Aoshima reissue of the kit that is currently for sale at 108$: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AOSHIMA-1-24-Mercedes-Benz-230TE-Discontinued-Rare-Scale-Model-Kit-Box-Damaged-/171883989891?hash=item2805158b83

Tthere was also a sedan version of the kit. I got two different versions of the sedan, one 300E Polizei in a Revell Electronic box (comes with flashing lights and sound in a microchipcard) and one 230E Lorinser with a special bodykit and wheels.

I can also mention that Fujimi had a C124 300CE 24valve coupe that is a very different tool and indeed better propotioned than the Revell kit. If they every reissue these kits I think I will try and graft a Fujimi front and rear end on to the Revell body.

Edited by Atmobil

• 3 weeks later...