Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 cars popular enough to travel the world , but can't get a mainstream kit.

What a no brainer money making kit that would be. Just a nice well detailed plastic reasonable priced kit. Is that too much to ask for ? I would be down for a couple at least.

I'm as surprised as you are that no model company other than Gunze-Sangyo has offered it in one of the more common scales (1/24 or 1/25), considering its popularity and rarity (both in plastic and 1:1)  I'd think Tamiya would make a killing if they kitted this car since it's only real competition is the $100.00+ Gunze Sangyo kit which, despite all its other niceties, doesn't even include an engine.  

Just an observation but when listen in on someone talk Shelby it`s mostly Mustang or Cobra that goes. I dont know this for sure but besides

vintage racecar enthusiasts,many people dont even know these cars was even made. Beautiful machine,but there really isnt any hype around it.

Never saw a Lindberg in 1/25 scale. If there was one I need one. Just won an auction for a like new in the box Aurora Daytona but again 1/32 and not very good. Beautiful picture on box but kit not so much. The assembled unpainted one in blue in the photo is one built up I got on ebay as a glue bomb. We really do need a good 1/25 scale kit that is affordable. I have seen some nice ones built using a clear slot car body but that is way beyond my talent.

I bought this years ago (back in the day) just for the  body. I was trying to use my home built vacuum former to make slot car bodies. Still have the kit minus the body. Maybe someday I will find it among my stuff. 

DSCN3904.JPG

How did I miss this one ? Ok, let the ebay search begin ! Anybody got a complete one to trade ?

Historic Racing miniatures makes one, with engine, about $185. This car just doesn't have enough appeal to the average modeller for most companies to tool one up.You guys could buy a case each and that makes 10 cases. A decent run might be 25000 kits. I know, you are all thinking 'Model King runs 5000 kits'. True, but he uses existing molds, not new ones. Maybe if you all write to Revell or Tamiya or whomever, you might get somewhere :)