Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 Rivers Automodelers Show & Contest - 9/27/15

Ramfins59

I don't know why nothing has been posted yet here on this Forum about this show, so I'll take the bull by the horns and do it myself...

The 37th Annual 3 Rivers Automodelers Show & Contest is on Sunday, September 27,2015 at the Castle Shannon Volunteer Fire Hall at 3600 Library Road, Castle Shannon PA 15234.  Hours are 9 AM until 3 PM.  Admission is $5.00 and Contest Registration is $2.00 per model.  There are 18 Contest Classes;

1 - Replica Stock 1948 & Older   2 - Replica Stock 1949 - 1968   3 - Replica Stock 1969 - Present   4 - Street Rod 1948 & Older   5 - Street Machine 1949 - 1968   6 - Street Machine 1969 - Present   7 - Customs  All Years   8 - Curbside  All Years

9 - Light Commercial    10 - Heavy Commercial   11 - Circle Track & Road Course   12 - Drag Class   13 - Diorama Class   14 - Junior Beginner to 12   15 - Junior - 13 to 16   16 - Slammer   17 - Miscellaneous   18 - Modified Diecast

Special Theme for this show = Rat Rods

This has been a great show with a lot of great models shown in the past years.  I'm hoping to see a bunch of Forum members there this year as usual. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it was another great show with fabulous models on display.  Vendors galore too.  I was fortunate to win some awards.  My '40 Ford Convertible took First Place Street Rod and Best Interior.  My '51 Chevy Fleetline took First Place Custom..........and Best In Show...!!!  You could have knocked me over with a feather...!!!

1940 FORD CONVERTIBLE STREET ROD WITH AWARDS (1024x750).jpg

1951 CHEVROLET FLEETLINE CUSTOM WITH AWARDS (1024x748).jpg

In my opinion though, the model that should have won Best In Show was a Large Scale sunken submarine that had an unfortunate meeting with an underwater mine.

SUNKEN SUBMARINE (1024x722).jpg

SUNKEN SUBMARINE 2 (1024x743).jpg

SUNKEN SUBMARINE 3 (1024x752).jpg

Edited by Ramfins59

I'm glad you posted this, Rich!  I told you at the show that if you didn't, I would....lol.  Well deserved awards.  I was happy to hear your name announced so many times!  For those of you who have not seen Rich's work in person, you are missing out on a real treat!

Congratulations Rich!  Your work was amazing to see in person, I love that interior in the 40! 

I would also like to give a shout out to James Duff, aka Niteowl7710, for his class win with his McLaren racecar.  I hope he posts a picture of it.  It is gorgeous!

and yes that car is beautiful.. great job!