Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pete 352, my way... Update 12-25.

20150906_120943_zpsndmf6ogc.jpg

While im waiting for the decals to get here from Italeri, I'm gonna start this Pete COE. I'm gonna be bashing some parts from a Revell  359 parts kit. I'll be updating the old COE suspension for the newer Pete Air Leaf. The Detroit will be swapped out for for the 3406. Fuel tanks will be used and a few other parts. As most of you know me by now, the rolling stock will be swapped out for Moebius. The exhaust I'm not decided on, but if it's upright, it will be fixed. As will the air intake. This will get lowered, how much, I'm not sure yet. There be some scratch made stuff. I'm hopin this will get me back into my building groove.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Clayton,

It looks to me like you are coming out of your slump. You are finishing things and starting new projects.

I have always liked the Pacemaker cab. As for interior problems.I don't remember any. Now for the stretch. i think they look cool. But I really likem strectched out with a dump body or flatbed on them.

Be Well

Gator

• 3 months later...

WOW!!! I can't believe how time flies. I would've bet the farm I started this last month, boy was I wrong. 3 months it's been sittin here.

Well, I guess part of the problem why it sat, is I wasn't happy with the stretch. The pieces weren't matching up to my liking. So I let it sit. Today I decided to just start doing something and hope I get in a groove. I started by removing the 1 inch piece of extra frame rail, made the deck plate and started assembly on the CAT.

Thanks Gator. I'm still lookin a few things to decide which way I'm gonna go. I have 2 ideas in my head, just depends on what parts I can find.

I think ive got the ride height figured out. I'm gonna shave the axle blocks and 2 leafs from the front springs, and the bump stops and one section of the air bags. That should get it to sit something close to this.

Oh, yeah....That's gonna look good....I just ordered a 352 the other day.....You're giving me an idea or two.....

Whoa whoa... Let me get this straight. JT, big orange JT, is considering not doing his annual Freightliner COE and instead, building a Pete COE. Just playing with ya man. I can't wait to see your treatment of this cool COE kit. 

Thanks man, I hope it comes out right. Well, I won't finish it till its right. So I hope it comes out right, without too much trouble.

Edited by Petetrucker07