Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Dodge Challenger

THarrison351

So another step closer to getting in the swing of building again. I saw these kits on the shelves of Wal-Mart along with the Camaro and Mustang. Unfortunately, Wal-Mart pulled the kits before I made a purchase. Hobby Lobby had this one discounted, so I bought it. The paint finish is excellent, too bad Revell doesn't smooth the parting lines before painting. I guess Revell is trying to help the beginner builder by molding parts in different colors and painting the body. The interior is molded in a dark charcoal and the chassis is molded in a metallic charcoal. The builder is given some simple paint instructions to enhance the kit. I didn't put a lot of effort into detailing, because it's just a shelf model. 

The chassis and interior are simple, but can be detailed to look good. The exhaust is wrong for the 2013 SRT8 and the primary muffler (nicknamed the suitcase) should be two smaller mufflers. The only disappointment are the wheels. I think they are supposed to be Vapor wheels which should be a black chrome. The mold is soft and the detail is lost after chroming. I just painted them metallic black and rubbed the edge to give a different look. One other thing, I forgot to paint the rear lower valence black. Have a look.

• 2 weeks later...