Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 vette tribute

tbill

i decided to build a replica of my bosses 67 'vette as a gift for his up coming retirement. the car is a 327/4spd in marlboro maroon, with a black and white interior. i plan to rob some bits and parts out of the 57 kit and the foose kit to try to pull this off. it won't be 100% dead on, but if i can get close, i will be pleased. so, here we go,

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/tbilling1/Mobile%20Uploads/1967%20corvette%20large%20scale/photo_zps0a1d87bc.jpg]

so far i am happy with the finish, a little wet sand and polish and it should really shine. stay tuned for updates.......

i decided to build a replica of my bosses 67 'vette as a gift for his up coming retirement. the car is a 327/4spd in marlboro maroon, with a black and white interior. i plan to rob some bits and parts out of the 57 kit and the foose kit to try to pull this off. it won't be 100% dead on, but if i can get close, i will be pleased. so, here we go,

photo_zps4efbb202.jpg

photo_zpse4f1176a.jpg

photo_zps7dd5de2b.jpg

photo_zpsdd54a718.jpg

IMG%7Boption%7Dhttp://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/tbilling1/Mobile%20Uploads/1967%20corvette%20large%20scale/photo_zps0a1d87bc.jpg]

so far i am happy with the finish, a little wet sand and polish and it should really shine. stay tuned for updates.......

Is the paint spray can or airbrush? What brand?

Skip, i had our body shop get some mixed up, and put in a spray can. it's actually PPG paint. upon closer inspection, it looks to NOT be marlboro maroon as it has flake in it and looks more brown-ish. guess i will be stopping at the body shop.  looks like this one will stay this color, and i will do another body when i get the correct color.

• 2 weeks later...

oddly enough, other than some key interior pic's, i don't. i do have the luxury of driving a mile across town to look at what ever i need to though. i suppose i should take a couple just to give a general frame of reference to those looking at this build.

and thanks for the comment on the paint. i was worried painting larger scale kits would be tougher, but the two bodies came out better than i had expected, a bit of wet sanding and a few more coats of clear along with more sanding and polishing will get both where i would like them to be [think depth and shine].

• 2 months later...

thanks all. i gotta focus, lol, have styrene add lately.......

i had hoped to have this done by years end, but keep starting other things [finishing them though, so not all bad], on the up side, i have most of the stuff needed now to pull off the replica/build.

Jim, no idea, but I'd like to think so..........

hopefully i will have more updates soon, thanks for looking and stay tuned...........

• 7 months later...

well, after a whole lot of doing nothing to this build [while building a dozen or so other kits], i figured it was time to get back at it. not a whole lot to report, but we have part of a small block going together:D

hope to really focus on this build for awhile, need to get it off the bench before i get distracted again.....

• 10 months later...

wow, i started this forever ago, lol. still no progress, but the hood finally got situated a while back. my buddy Al helped me with the hood,

IMG_5316_zpsgeoa0drg.jpg

IMG_5315_zpsyxy7czqd.jpg

no idea when i will get back to it, but i think it needs to be soon..............