Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can some one please explain this with out the "Nuck, Nuck's" or referral to "Wise Guys" ?

Sorry, even though I grew up as a Stooge fan, that box art doesn't do it for me.  I thought the '40 Ford Delivery was a "Rip Off" on the Stooge name, Curly's Gasser is even more so.  I won't be buying "Curly's Gasser", I'll wait for some other version to come out or buy a previous version.

After reading about the extremely ugly fighting amoung the heirs of the Howard Brothers I will not buy anything of new manufacture with the "Three Stooges" name or likeness attached to it.  By doing so you are perpetuating the moronic feud and greed of mostly grandchildren who were not around when their grandfathers earned their legacy.

Kiss... for those who haven't noticed Gene Simmons is one heck of a businessman!  I saw a TV interview specifically about the marketing of memorabilia and he has his empire right under his thumb.  Kiss makes more today than they did in the heyday!   And I suspect there's no Kiss Van because he demands a high royalty or is very picky about where their images appear.

For the Three Stooges... guys in this thread have judged them through 2015 eyes. Today they are totally politically incorrect and we are many times over more sophisticated than audiences in the 1920-30s.   These were the days where you didn't have TV in your home, and the rare treat was going to a theater to see film. The audience back then was mesmerized just to see a movie.  People were simpler back then,  humor was slapstick which was a step forward from vaudeville.  Just like we immediately see the wires on a 1950s SciFi spaceship, or think that 1960s sitcoms are silly and predictable, people of the 1930s would have been awestruck to see that!   So it's not fair to pull up the Three Stooges on your iPhone and judge them!  :lol:

Hi Dudes Got this in the mail yesterday man & it's freakin groovy and it comes with a whoopee cushion lol. Also has purple line tyres & purple tinted mags, yellow tinted glass as well as clear glass man. The decal sheet alone is outstanding & worth the price itself man :) You can't have enough Willys hahaha Thx Round2 luv what you Kats are doing man Peace

40w1.jpg

40w2.jpg

40w.jpg

Today they are totally politically incorrect and we are many times over more sophisticated than audiences in the 1920-30s. 

No disputing the former. I'm as un-PC as they come which explains why I like watching them; however, the latter isn't entirely true. Compared to a bunch of Five Points rowdies throwing rotten eggs at a drunk clog dancer in a Bowery theater circa 1866, that could be the case; but, not by much. People merely think that they're more sophisticated because it helps them ignore the fact that they've been dumbed down. Sitcoms and cinematic comedies of today aren't exactly sterling examples of highbrow comedy. They cater to the lowest common denominator more so than the worst Stooges shorts. I'll take Curly's stubble covered pate destroying the teeth of a saw over infantile poop humor and juvenile sexual innuendos anytime. 

Stooges.thumb.jpg.7565821365b30a766cc441

Edited by SfanGoch

Check out the comparison thread  http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/105706-why-doesnt-round2-get-in-on-the-29-model-a-roadster-hype/   and see for your self. 

I think they are two different kits of the same subject,one with fenders (and stock build capabilities) both of merit. ;)

Edited by Greg Myers

Instead of this (going against Revell's new A )  

408909c3097299688a4feb31f40b5b4c.jpg

Why???

Pretty easy to guess.......

Willys tooling is complete and ready to run without a cash investment.

They have a 3 Stooges license in hand......

Original Ala Cart is incomplete and kinda a mess.

I bought one Willys and I like it. 

I can see the high royalties being an issue. But from what I've seen them post on their own site, they do get a kick out seeing builds of the old van, or even builds that use the decals from it.

I'm going to keep an open mind that maybe Gene and Paul will license a kit, even if it's a limited edition run.

That '32 has some of the most interesting parts you'll ever see (or not) in a kit, I.E, ; the custom three part wheels, the custom Edsel front end treatment, a Buick "Nail Head" to die for, and a slightly customized body that will go stock ( only game in town before the Revell release).  http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/amt-instructions/automotive-cars--pi/willys/amt-40-willys-coupe/  

AMT32Fordpg1-vi.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers