Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Challenger T/A

Yo Jutt

Well didn't want to get into a new project as I'm going to the east coast to visit family. Was sitting around the house and this kit kept on catching my eye. Been laying around for a year now and figured what the heck. One thing led to another. Let me know what you think!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Had a great and much needed vacation on PEI. Sister in law got married, my grandfather turned 90 enjoied every minute of it. Glad to be back home I return to work in a week so I decided to get going on my challenger!  Not gonna lie I was wishing this kit had a hemi and was debating stripping the one out of my 71 cuda (it's built but in the box as it's missing the windshield). But the more I put this 340 together the more I kinda like it!  I used the valve covers that were leftover from my corvette kit. Got a little bit done on the engine last night and painted the headers this morning. Also did some scattered painting on other pieces. Drilled out my distributer and glued the wires in. Also wondering from those that have built this kit, is it easier to add my plug wires "before" I add the headers? Anyway here are some pics and thanks for looking!! All comments welcome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for lookin guys and the kind words as well. Anthony the stance is stock. Did a quick test fit with the Pegasus wheels and I was really happy with it. Hope to get a lot done!! Lol as long as my dog is well behaved!! 

Well this is my last night home before I leave for work. Figured I'd get a little more finished on the car then clean the bench before I go (room doubles for storage). Got the rear end and engine mounted in. I know I'm missing the brake discs but this will have to do u till I order some. Unless someone can point me in a good direction for a how to, that would be great. I thought of using little washers from machine screws but they looked too bulky. Anyway this is where it sits right now until I get home to finish it! Thanks for looking, comments welcome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg