Model Cars Magazine Forum

A thumbs up on an old pro street car(Matt,& Debbie Hayes,T Bird)

Jeepxj

Yea,basically it's a great kit.I just bought one.I couldn't believe all the great drag parts,that came in this kit,to either build a cool Pro Stock car,or a sick Pro street car..Turbos,lots of chrome parts.Great chassis/tubs.Great roll cage.I used to love building this kit when it first came out.Very good job Revell..?

Thanks.

image.jpg

See, I took Mark to mean the MK VII, which I really love; think it's a bit stronger overall in proportion than the T-Bird.

If so, I think more of the homework than you might expect has been done - sorta remember stock door panels, IP and steering wheel in that Pro Street.  Think the wheelbase may need adjusting to stock, and while similar adjustments might be needed for the running gear from the '90 Mustang LX, this would be a chance to get the better parts of that kit up under something presentable for a body shell.  Wheels may be a thing...

See, I took Mark to mean the MK VII, which I really love; think it's a bit stronger overall in proportion than the T-Bird.

If so, I think more of the homework than you might expect has been done - sorta remember stock door panels, IP and steering wheel in that Pro Street.  Think the wheelbase may need adjusting to stock, and while similar adjustments might be needed for the running gear from the '90 Mustang LX, this would be a chance to get the better parts of that kit up under something presentable for a body shell.  Wheels may be a thing...

I was just wondering that myself.:D

The Mark VII was shortened to fit the T bird chassis, and the body has to be lengthened in the front section of the rear 1/4 panels. The trunk would also have to be re-contoured once the stretch was made. Tricky mods to be sure. I contemplated doing this long ago for a replica stock MK VII, but never did it. Then, a resin caster (AAM?) did it, and it was a nice looking conversion. OOP for a long time now.