Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Cruze WTCC

martinfan5

Yeah, I just couldnt wait to get started on this one

Paint for the body and chassis and interior ,  I will be using a different color for the interior on the other two , its not as close as I thought it was.

This kit had some parts that were out of shape, the chassis piece and the front bumper did not fit very well as you can see

After some massaging of the front bumper , fits a little better

Now, taking a look at most of the parts that make up the interior

and the suspension pieces

Is that the box art car you're replicating?the blue looks a little light.

Come on now, give me some credit, there are times that I know what I am doing :lol:. its close, the instruction sheet (that booklet most guys say they dont use) says to use Sky Blue in the Mr Hobby/Color Line.   I am actually having a harder time finding dark blue to match the decals

As of right now, this is how the Cruze sits,  when I attempted the decaling process, I soon found out that was not going to happen, the main decals that make up the paint livery(scheme) were bad,  first off, they seem to be rather thick, but the cracking and brittleness was more of a problem, I was able to get the side decal that goes on the lower part of the body, with a lot decal solution, it finally conformed to the body, but some areas it chipped and cracked.  I could of handled that, but it was the white decal that goes on the edge of the hood over the fender was the deal breaker.  

It took about the ten minutes of soaking for it to even started to come lose from the paper, and it started to crack , I was able to get off with using the blade of a xacto knife, but as soon as it hit the body, it cracked and spread apart in about four different places.  I contacted Beemax, and they said that they are aware of the issues with the decals, and think it has to do with the kits sitting for over a year (licensing issues with the decals is what held the kit up) and they are trying to get a grasp on how many kits are affected.  They did say they would compensate me, how, they didn't say,  but did ask for my address, so I am going to guess its with another set decal(s) (three kits).  

Great shame with the decals! Strange that although this is a new kit and the issues you mention about hold-ups in the distribution.

I've been buying a lot of older kits recently, so I scan the decals onto my PC first, before trying to lay them up, perhaps this is one answer.