Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 7-Window Coupe RATROD --- UPDATE 10/08 --- New Photoshop mockup

Stef

Hello everyone

Inspired by all of your awesome builds, and the latest Mad Max film, I'm gonna bash TWO 32 Ford 5-Window Coupes together and see what I come up with.

Planning to use the deep steelies from the AMT Dodge Monaco all around, along with fat MPC-issue Blue Streak Dragway Specials up front, and mega fat Firestones (Revell J-2000/Beretta Pro Street kits) at the rear.

Started off by joining the two Hemi beasts together.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_0000.jpg

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_0001.jpg

Edited by Stef
new update

Wow, thanks so much everyone for your enthusiasm and support.

Feedback/criticism is greatly welcomed. I sure could use it!

I've built the engines up a bit, smoothed out the tranny seams, and started hacking up the two bodies. This rough Photoshop approximates the main cuts to get the overall shape.

NEXT UP: Widening the body, planning out the hood length, nailing engine position, and creating an all-new frame.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_002.jpg

Thank you, mod3l Lover. If this beast turns out, let's build a real one in your garage, heh.

Bodies are hacked up and ready for grafting. Body 2 needs to be widened, and once the halves are mated to Body 1's front section, I'll hack some more and graft on a wider "hunchback" trunk.

Also did more engine buildup. Been looking through the parts box, hoping to come up with a truly badass induction system.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_003.jpg

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_004.jpg

Thanks everyone for your continued interest and support!

Sliced one hood down the middle, spread it apart, and mated it to the back of the other.

Joined both baby moons to make a mega moon.

Here are the wheels and tires I'll be using for this baby.

Hey, 68shortfleet, I love your half-window dragster idea. Bicycle wheels up front, fat stacks on a blower, and with a top chop, it would be a quarter-mile quarter-window, heh.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_008.jpg

Since I want the Hemis enveloped by the bodywork, the new double-length hood will provide the depth, but not the width. Going to widen the body, spread it apart more at the front, widen the grille, and rework the cowl area to clear the engines.

Seriously considering massive headers exiting the hood sides, and/or hardcore induction setup sticking out the top.

NEXT UP: More refined Photoshop side view mockup; I've got a few new ideas I'd like to explore.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_009.jpg

Hey, 68shortfleet, I love your half-window dragster idea. Bicycle wheels up front, fat stacks on a blower, and with a top chop, it would be a quarter-mile quarter-window, heh.

Yah, I think you pretty much nailed the image in my head.

Car is looking good too.

Edited by 68shortfleet

You're a brave soul to attempt this in the first place.The extra weight  the second engine will out of necessity call for some really creatively sturdy front suspension and frame cross members.A quick internet search finds a 426 hemi engine weighs in at approx 750 pounds so that x 2 = 1,500 lbs of motors.

Edited by misterNNL