Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 7-Window Coupe RATROD --- UPDATE 10/08 --- New Photoshop mockup

Stef

Hello everyone

I noticed the middle passenger side window was too wide, so I risked taking a super-thin slice out of the body (A). That delicate cut ended up working out OK, and also straightened out the misaligned rear valence (B).

I've rethought the hunchback trunk cuts, which I now think can be done by simply hacking out a horizontal slice from the rear window/sides, and pushing the trunk up (C). Hope this works.

Hey, misterNNL, I totally overlooked the necessity of a beefy frame. I was prepared to start with the kit-supplied rails, but now you've inspired me to create something thick and meaty, from scratch. Thanks!

Ha ha, mod3l Lover, yes, that would be total badassery. I have the 1/25 Revell Peterbilt 359 that I would LOVE to gut for this thing, but I already have plans for it. Photoshop mockup attached. I hope I can get to this some day.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_010.jpg

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_010_P-52.jpg

Edited by Stef
forgot to add "(C)"

I've created some basic hood sides from .020 styrene sheet, and mated them to the hood tops. To ensure proper vertical alignment, I taped the grille shell in place.

Now, I'll split the hood and body down the middle, tape the left halves and right halves together, wrap them around the engines, then trace out a frame pattern.

Also, hoping to finish the revised Photoshop side view mockup ASAP.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_011.jpg

Spread the body apart at the rear, and spread it further apart at the front to clear the engines, while creating a wider grille opening. Tacked the left and right halves together using styrene strip.

Next up, filling in the roof and hood with styrene sheet, then slicing off the trunk and repositioning it to create the hunchback.

Still working on the revised sideview mockup. Coming soon.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_013.jpg

Thanks everyone for your awesome encouragement; you all rock my world!

I've refined my initial concept, and come up with a name. Here's a more concrete vision of where this baby is going.

Been an insane week; aiming to get more progress done ASAP.

__32_ford_7-window_coupe_014.jpg