Model Cars Magazine Forum

Smokey and the Bandit Kenworth

Not a real accurate replica but close enough.   Made out of a Revell Aerodyne Kenworth (Snap Kit).  Bumper courtesy of Sean (Old Buckaroo) .  Thank you Sean.  I can say decals are also courtesy of Jerry from Model Truckin.  I messed up the first set and they helped me out greatly with another set.  Thank you Jerry.  Still working on final details.  

428.jpg

Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg

Untitled-TruelColor-01.jpg

$_57 (15).JPG

SAM_0451.JPG

Untitled-Trolor-01.jpg

2428.jpg

Edited by angelo7

Nicely done conversion.  The decals look kind of yellow.  Is that just the lighting?

Thank you guys!  That's how the decals came out and why I don't really want to call it the Snowman truck but at least a close copy.  As I said at the beginning "not a real accurate replica but close enough".:D

Edited by angelo7

Sorry it took so long to see this Angel ,

I really like what you did to this snap kit.  Great job grafting in the rear cab and swapping in a sleeper.

You are very much welcome for the bumper , I am glad I was able to help.

Did the decals come that yellowish color or did your basecoat affect them ?

Anyway It is a sharp looking rig !

Jerry can't print the metallic looking gold anymore,Thats why it has a little different tint. 

That's why Sean.  They are very good decals though and look better in person.

Ben, the little trailer is a Maisto brand.  It was blue and I painted it black.  I printed the mural on my printer.  The tractor was also painted and I used automotive gold stripes.  

Using the snap KW was an awesome idea

And cheap too.  I wanted to use the AMT W925 but was too expensive.

Thank you guys for the good comments.  Bad ones also welcome.:D

Great looking truck, you have done a good job on the conversion. How was the fitment on the tires to the rims?

I had the Peterbilt 359 kit in the same series and that had tires that looked like they had been taken out of the mold to early.

Thanks.  That's one of the flaws on these Snap Kits.  The tires are not completely straight.  The front ones fit much better than the back.

Good job Angel...but you forgot to paint the grille KW "bug" emblem gold as it was on the main truck in the movie, yours is the usual red. ;)

The  Revell/Monogram snap trucks are not bad but the things I like the least are the wheels, the rear ones are much too shallow and the tires...well they are not to my liking, fortunately there are much nicer replacements on the aftermarket.