Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Del Rio

James2

Yesterday I discovered that a local hobby shop carries Model Car World paint. Not just a few but, they have the rights for the paint. I mentioned the color I needed and he looked it up in the MCW book. It's not a special order color but not on the shelf either. 

I asked how long to get it in? Since it's not a SO a couple minutes! And then he went  in the back, mixed the color and came back with this...

image.thumb.jpeg.b55bc6002eb0e7df4390c59

Just like the old days at the body supply. 

James, i know i will forget to ask on thursday, what hobby shop sells that paint?

• 3 weeks later...

Great looking kit, but you are not quite done with the BMF. Along the top of the fins at the rear where the color separation is are some chrome trim.  They can be seen in the picture below.

1957-ford-del-rio-ranch-wagon-int-2.jpg

The kit actually does have some very slight indications of this chrome molding on the rear.

That's one hot wagon! Love the color and all the details.  How did you get the surface rust look on the exhaust system, what colors and steps did you take to achieve that look?

Thanks Again all. The Exhaust was done with a combination of Gun Metals, Black spray. Then Rust and Brown dry brushing with dull coat sprayed over that.

The finished model is in "Under Glass"