Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vanishing Point Challanger

MGL

This is the Revell 2n1 kit. Despite the shortcomings of the kit it built up just fine in my opinion, I'm happy the way it turned out. I added flocking, BMF, homemade decals, Morgan Automotive Details distributor, Detail Master wire looms, and parts pack tires. The pvc hose, and fuel line are small and smaller paper clips, the heater hose is the wire that one of my kids toys was welded to the plastic package in, and the antenna is guitar string. The paint is Duplicolor over Krylon primer with duplicolor clear. I elected not to go crazy with the clear or to polish it to try to keep that 70's factory finish rather than a super slippery show car shine. I also printed out a copy of one of the movie posters for the display case.

DSC02355DSC02356DSC02357DSC02358DSC02359DSC02360DSC02361DSC02362DSC02349DSC02350DSC02351DSC02353DSC02352DSC02354DSC02347DSC02348

Of course I just noticed while posting this that I forgot to paint the running lights amber. Here's the WIP,http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/105420-vanishing-point-challenger-update-9142015/ . Thanks for looking and as always let me know what you think.

Edited by MGL
spelling error

Nice job. I saw the original movie at a drive in near Camp Lejeune NC. I drove a 66 Impala SS with a 396 motor and a four speed. When the movie was over, people with fast cars were burning out of the drive in and flying up and down the road. Something told me not to jion in (hard to do when you're just 23) so I took my time leaving. I think every cop in east NC were a half mile up and down the road. They made a lot of money that night.