Model Cars Magazine Forum

C1 Models 69 Camaro & Mustang Wide Body Kits

The Camaro kit is pretty awesome. Full body and the whole shebang. I hope I can find a PE grill, otherwise the resin grill has deep, super sharp detail

rtjt5KH.jpg?1

X7eKUtB.jpg?1

Protected very well

NMyF7bR.jpg?1

They let you choose from 2 different sets of wheels. These large diameter Kidney Beans are awesome

Edited by Quick GMC

I have the Camaro kit and it is fantastic.  I showed it at our last GTR Club meeting (and a Revell rep attended and also liked it a lot).  I did a quick test fit on the Revell 67 kit and it looks pretty good.  I was thinking of seeing what the 2010 Camaro chassis or chassis parts might do for a real pro-tourer.  The only thing I didn't care that much for was the deep offset on the wheels, particularly the fronts.  Not a complaint and the wheels are really nice.

Chris is a great person to deal with.  I also have a few of his Ferrari transits and wheel sets.

They should call it "First Generation-ish Camaro," as it seems to have influences of both '67-'68 and '69 but isn't an accurate representation of either.

Kind of an interesting shape, though, and might make a good basis for a very interesting modern custom.

Just went on their website to see more pics. There, they call it a "67 Widebody Camaro," and in most respects it does seem to have more relationship to '67 than '69. Seems to be based on the "new" Revell '67 body.

The rear panel seems to be based on/inspired by a C3 Corvette rather than any year of Camaro.

As I said, interesting....

I have the Camaro kit and it is fantastic.  I showed it at our last GTR Club meeting (and a Revell rep attended and also liked it a lot).  I did a quick test fit on the Revell 67 kit and it looks pretty good.  I was thinking of seeing what the 2010 Camaro chassis or chassis parts might do for a real pro-tourer.  The only thing I didn't care that much for was the deep offset on the wheels, particularly the fronts.  Not a complaint and the wheels are really nice.

Chris is a great person to deal with.  I also have a few of his Ferrari transits and wheel sets.

would you mind posting some pictures of it? I have no idea what I want to do with this yet

would you mind posting some pictures of it? I have no idea what I want to do with this yet

I will when I get a chance.  You are asking about the 2010 Camaro fit, right?  I am still deciding what to do with this.  I may have to wait until after we move.  But Chris' stuff sells well and fast.  So, if you want it, get it and put it on the shelf.

I will when I get a chance.  You are asking about the 2010 Camaro fit, right?  I am still deciding what to do with this.  I may have to wait until after we move.  But Chris' stuff sells well and fast.  So, if you want it, get it and put it on the shelf.

I think I may have misunderstood your post. Did you built this kit already, or you just have it in your stash? I am trying to find built pics of it. 

I had to import the '69 Mustang kit from the states, I already had the C1 parts kit and kidney bean wheels.

Pretty easy to place and fit as there are grooves in the resin arches to fit the body styling, remembering to cut out just enough of the wheel arches first!

19 arches on.JPG

19a.JPG

Edited by PatW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...