Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius ' 54 Hornet update 10/31 Chassis finished

smellyfatdude

SFD, my compliments on these WIPs.  The color choices you made for the Hudson, along with your painstaking BMF work, will result in a fantastic replica.  As an Olds fan and an owner of that kit, I like what you've done so far and I can't wait to see how yours turns out.  Being a replica stock fan, I also noticed that the paint you used on your DeSoto looks remarkably similar to DeSoto's Capri Turquoise Poly paint.  Nice match!

In addition, I wanted to say that I appreciate how you list the paint names used in your projects.  That Dupli-Color Bright Teal looks like the perfect shade for a project of mine.    

Thank you, everyone. Sorry I build so slow, but I did manage to get the engine assembled, minus the exhaust pipe which I'll add later. Thank you Moebius, for fixing those air cleaner decals. A big improvement over the first run of ' 53 kits. The weather turned cold and wet about a week ago, but I did get some more of the Desoto painted before it did. The interior will be blue/white, and if I have to hand paint the rest, well I guess it's doable. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...