Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rebel Transporter (X-wing re-paint)

As always, I am always experimenting with different types of modeling. Well, these are pre-built models from the X-wing role playing game expansion pack, that I had bought because I wanted to try my hand at some Star Wars stuff. I am not so much interested in the game itself, but the models. I think these models are well made that it makes me just want to buy all their big and small ships just for displaying purposes. 

But my main interest was the Rebel Transporter, simply for the way it looked. An upside down ship hull design was what attracted me the most. Then I saw a pic of one in a scene where it was really rusted up and that got me hooked ( as I love weathered- beaten models). I immediately decided to give it a go. Here is a pic of the one that inspired me:

Labor_droids_zpsgcrwffor.jpg

I did a total re-paint and weathered mine to somewhat give it the look I wanted. A ship that has pushed through many battles and survived close attacks. I also painted more of the containers underneath to add more color and went over everything with a brown wash to blend it all together. One of the hardest part was trying to get the engines to have that glow effect. The Tie fighter is very small. Smaller than the size of a Citadel paint pod. Even with all the great tips I got from members on another forum, I was not able to achieve the perfect look. But I m quite satisfied with, the results, then it being just darken out. Perhaps one day, I will improve in this area. I think the end results look fine in my eyes. Hope, you all agree.

Before pic of the model, before the repaint:

rebel_transporter_zpstfxnakml.jpg

After:

IMG_20160113_232108_zps71yz1awk.jpg

IMG_20160113_231051_zps4jqqubu2.jpg

sw_zpsnpgtbf7m.jpg

sw2_zps5u1icdzj.jpg

Edited by tiking

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...