Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Roadrunner WIP (Update 9/19/15)

carcrazy19

Its been awhile since I posted anything. We have moved back in to our house since the fire. I got my work shop back and have started working on this build again and actually made some progress. Started some of the paint work and almost finished the engine. The color is Testors graphite dust with Wet look clear haven't polished it yet and the engine isn't accurate but I'm working with what I have. Still have a lot to go but its moving along.

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished polishing the body. It has a few flaws but I think it came out pretty good. Also wanted to give a preview of the look I'm going for. The pic isn't that great but it will give you the idea. Thanks for all the nice comments I appreciate them.

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3522.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

OOOHHHHH I'm likin this!!!:wub: Love the paint. More, please!!B)

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the interior tub tonight. I used the racing seats from the 67 Chevelle Pro Street kit. Cut out the stock dashboard and graphed in a dash from a stock car. The gauges I used were left over from the 49 Merc kit I finished a while ago. I scratched built the shifter. This was also my first time using flocking powder and adding seat belts. You can't see it in the pictures but I added a carbon fiber decal to the back of both seats. I'm thinking I should have used a lighter decal. I wanted to try adding speakers but I could have spent a lot of money with all the things I wanted to do so I just added what I mentioned. I also should've  made my own gas pedal as the one molded into the tub isn't seen at all. Tell me what you think. I don't mind constructive criticism. Thanks for looking and thanks again for all of the nice comments.   

IMG_3748.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_3746.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

IMG_3744.JPG

• 1 month later...