Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C 900 tractor and trailer update

Finally I started to build something!!! 

I'm looking to built like this one pretty much outside the box just with a few changes.

I'm going to change the rims and tires of this truck with aftermarket five holes rims and amt tractor truck tires.

The trailer it will be a coca cola with a  amt suspension is from amt dry van  and a 5 spoke flatbed rims ans the tire from this kit.

I open a topic and ask about the engine and Guitarsam suggested to me  to swap the F c 900 to a ford Louisville.  I'm not a fan of automatic

transmission so I'm going to use the ford Louisville and swap the automatic transmission for a Detroit transmission.

For sure is not going to be accurate but I will give it a try.

Here is a little progress and a mock.

IMG_20150919_200309.jpg

IMG_20150919_190048.jpg

Edited by Chu

Jesus,

Sounds like a interesting project.

Oh I found the lowboy  I am going to send to you. Just need to cut it in half. and then find a box for it.

be Well

Gator

Thanks for your help Gator. I have a lowboy junk to resurrect. 

Jesus,

That chassis looks pretty good. But not knowing what you are going to put behind it or what compnay logo.I have no ideas for color.

Be Well

Gator

That chassis looks great. I remember Roadway ran some of these Fords. That could be a color suggestion, orange and black? White trailer?There are Roadway decals in the Mack DM 600 kit. 

I like the idea, I never try to make a two tone cab, but there's a first time!!! hope that I can accomplish as best as I can  because I'm not that experienced painting cabs!!! So  I will try to find the orange color gloss for the cab and flat for the chassis. Thanks for your help Terry. Looking the picture it seam that the battery box and fuel tank are black and I like it!!

Nice conversion to a C9000, Jesus.  I like where this is going.  An orange & blue Roadway tractor would be perfect for this conversion.  Wonder where you can get the handtruck.

Thanks James, Orange and blue or black????? now I'm confuse!!!   ja ja!! I like orange and black better!!

Jesus,

Looking good amigo. Orange and blue works.

For the hand truck go to Scale Equipment limited. I belive they have one. I know thety have a pallet jack/truck.

Be Well

Gator

Jesus,

Looking good amigo. Orange and blue works.

For the hand truck go to Scale Equipment limited. I belive they have one. I know thety have a pallet jack/truck.

Be Well

Gator

Yes they have one. Thanks for reminding me of them Gator. I have a couple of their items, but had never been to their website until now. WOW! They have a lot of nice stuff! Maybe I shouldn't have found their website?(LOL)

I like the Roadway truck idea.