Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C 900 tractor and trailer update

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, there's not much to show just fit the cab and check if there's a problem between the engine and cab. I also dechrome the parts and assemble the fuel tanks.I made a mock of the truck with the wheels hope you like it.

Thanks for watching 

IMG_20151023_185036.jpg

IMG_20151023_185004.jpg

IMG_20151023_184952.jpg

Wow! That really looks great Jesus. I like the stance, and the wheels. Are those the resin ones that were being sold on ebay? They look good.

That's from ebay they look great. I bought three set of those  wheels and the six spoke rear wheels  are superb. I love the stance too but it would be lower than you saw.

Jesus...this kit is notorious for the front bumper and frame interfering with the forward tilting feature when the truck reaches final assembly.  

When I built this kit (as a race car transporter) for Model Cars Magazine a couple of years back, I showed one way to work around this problem.   I don't know if you will run into this problem, but if you do, let me know if you need to see the issue number - it was a two part series and the tilting feature fix was in the first of the two articles IIRC.  

Best of luck with your cool project...TIM BOYD 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I finally paint the chassis, fuel tanks and some engine parts on Saturday has been a lot of raining weekends but finally done  . I hope everyone don't get mad at me because I painted the chassis in flat black the photo does not show how good it looks

I really like it!! I want to thank Dennis for kindly send me the Roadway decals!! 

P.S. Gator I will start today the lowboy three axle trailer project. I will post the threat soon.

Thanks for looking and your comments.!!!!

IMG_20151117_175919.jpg

IMG_20151117_180024.jpg

IMG_20151117_180131.jpg

Edited by Chu

• 1 month later...