Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stock '68 Dart

Kit Basher

I did this one for my sister. It was originally my Mom's car, survived being driven by a teenage boy (that would be me :)), and finally became the car my sister drove while she was in college.

If your first reaction is "That looks terrible!", I have at least partially achieved my goal. I was trying to make it look like a 4 year old car that has had a hard life, never been garaged, and has lots of miles, mostly on dirt roads.

Let me know how I did!

Thank you gentlemen. This is the Revell Hemi Dart kit. I filled in the hole in the scoop hood to make a stock hood. Wheels and dog dishes from the Lindberg '64 Dodge 300. Bias ply tires from the parts box. The kit back seat is for a GTS, and was much too fancy. I found a plain bench seat in the parts box and made a resin copy for the front seat. I added a shifter to make it "three on the tree". One memory my sister has of this car is that her dog chewed the passenger armrest on a long trip at night. I added that to the model.

This will be a Christmas present for my sister. I hope she likes it!