Model Cars Magazine Forum

'23 T Delivery Van

FordRodnKustom

Wow!  That kit is an old friend, and I have several of them in inventory.  But typical of what Round 2 does now, they have added new value to the kit to entice us to buy another one.  Those candy brand decals are enough that I'll need to buy one!  Or more!  

Again another great tie in to other collectibles.  The candy collectors will be buying this kit just for the product tie in. Most of them will never open the box, let alone try to build it.  So that's more units sold which makes for a stronger Round 2.

The candy bars... Oh Henry!  came out in 1920, and Baby Ruth in 1921. Nestle's Crunch didn't get invented until 1937 and the $100,000 Bar was a 1966 release.  so the last two don't really fit on the 1923 van, but no doubt part of the Nestle's marketing deal.

Are the candy decals sized to fit into the main panel?  It looks right.

Wow!  That kit is an old friend, and I have several of them in inventory.  But typical of what Round 2 does now, they have added new value to the kit to entice us to buy another one.  Those candy brand decals are enough that I'll need to buy one!  Or more!  

Again another great tie in to other collectibles.  The candy collectors will be buying this kit just for the product tie in. Most of them will never open the box, let alone try to build it.  So that's more units sold which makes for a stronger Round 2.

The candy bars... Oh Henry!  came out in 1920, and Baby Ruth in 1921. Nestle's Crunch didn't get invented until 1937 and the $100,000 Bar was a 1966 release.  so the last two don't really fit on the 1923 van, but no doubt part of the Nestle's marketing deal.

Are the candy decals sized to fit into the main panel?  It looks right.

Agree on all counts. Not 100% sure on the fit of the decals, I'll  check that a little later and post up more pics.

Nestlé Crunch just so happens to be my favourite chocolate.
Hence I will buy one, because I'm an old softy easily manipulated by skilful marketing and media.

Hahaha.....me too! (on both counts, I like Nestle Crunch and am easily manipulated)

A couple of questions about the kit.  Is this a recent release?  I am thinking this would be a great build for the annual 24 hour build.  Is this doable?  Meaning, does the kit go together without too many problems?  Any help is appreciated!

A couple of questions about the kit.  Is this a recent release?  I am thinking this would be a great build for the annual 24 hour build.  Is this doable?  Meaning, does the kit go together without too many problems?  Any help is appreciated!

Ask Gary Kulchock... I believe he did one of these as a Yuengling Beer van for the 24 hour build one year!

Can anyone explain the miniature box top? You're supposed to cut it out and make a box out of it? And then what? Look at it?

I don't see any point.

Miniature box art.  I love box art but I would rather have extra parts or decals as a bonus.

Can anyone explain the miniature box? You're supposed to cut it out and make a little box out of it? And then what? Look at it?

I don't see any point.

Yeah, roughly as pointless as building a model and then look at it.
I love those mini boxes. They spare me saving the big ones. My house is only this big.

Great kit, but make sure you get body aligned and square, and windshield and cowl piece is not great fit with roof. Roof last IMO, as it needs fiddling, 

Pretty much drops onto Buttera T chassis with work on fitting 27 hood to body/cowl, stock hood won't work with 8. 

Tognotti T chassis in Fire Truck rod may fit too, probably a bit short, but could use stock hood/fenders.

Baffling to me why people complaining about $.01 piece of cardboard. Price won't pay for "other parts". You guys just don't understand the business ;)

Mmmmmmm, cereal.

Edited by keyser

I save empty Kit boxes

They com in handy for Resto's found at Yardsales, flea markets, or 

that evil auction site.

Those Collector card boxes that are used as mailers, and replacement Promo boxes

can not hold disassembled kit too well!!!

And, Yes, I have empty Cereal boxes. They do have Collectible versions every so often.

(Star Wars Collectible Pen inside and Mural on back in sections to name one)

They aslo come in handy as Storage containers for Parts, disassembled kits etc.

If any one here has any empty kit boxes, And the Mini Boxes from Retro-Deluxe kits

I will Gladly take them.

I need as many as I can get!!!!!

Some kit boxes have 2 & 3 models in them!!!

MK 64 Comet Caliente has a Combination 57 Squire, Resin, Ranchero & original parts build up

as well as a 64 Falcon Sprint Futura Convertible Promno in it Besides the Comet!

Modern Classics issue Benz Gullwing box has Promo & Turista Turismo issue 62 Galaxie

Hardtops in it!!

I have a Cereal box wit 2 67 T-Birds in it another has 2 Crhysler Turbines!!

Should I go on??

I want Boxes to store resto projects as they offer better protection 

(parts loss, damage/broken parts) than bags or NO storage container!!!!!