Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best 70-73 Camaro kits

Hi,

All this talk of Camaros lately makes me wanna get a kit.

I'd love to build one for my wife as she's always talking about her 1st car, a 73' white with blue stripe race Camero.

I found a Fujimi kit, basic curb side, looks nice.

Would any one mind suggestiong what they feel is a very good kit?  I'd love to do an engine for it as well.

Edited by aurfalien

There was a kit of the '73 issued back in '73, might be a little pricey to find today. AMT has a 70 1/2 Camaro kit that is more readily available and can probably pass as the car your wife had.

I think if you look in the trading post section there are a couple up for trade, might be able to get one cheap.

The AMT kits build up okay, just avoid some of the earlier issues as they had some warped bodies.

Was hers an RS or standard front? Most of the available kits are RS. Modelhaus does repro the non-SS grille and bumper from the original AMT '70 annual, and I know for a fact that with just a little tweaking it will work on the common current AMT kit.

Well Snake, I'm unsure.  It was a severe race version is all she recalls besides the headers, 6" clutch, race slicks and immense power.  The interrior only had 1 seat.

It was very low to the ground and had ground effects to help aerodynamics.

Edited by aurfalien