Model Cars Magazine Forum

Usa-1 Monster Truck

Clay

Picture004.jpg

This is a fairly easy build for a monster truck compared to most of the other ones that I have built, as it is based off of an older version. All it is, is a regular truck lifted instead of the full roll cage chassis like most others.

I do have a few grips for this though

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

you see the bars going from the frame to the axles, I have built several of these kits and they are always too long. and the lights that go on the roll bar usually don't fit in the holes for them.

It comes with a few spare parts, another differential, a set of molded rims with chrome inserts and a set of chrome rims, and one of theos 2 piece spare tires, I am assuming there was another model this cast was used for.

But all in all these problems will not deter me from building more of these kits. I think it is a good kit. I will add some history when I get to work, I am running out of my free time before work .

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Edited by jones_clayton

Thanks Clay.

If you do get more time to elaborate on it I would appreciate it. Of course don't let that get in the way of spending time with the misses or more modeling!

Chris

WHat exactly are y0ou wanting to know about this kit?

USA-1 was one of the first generatins of monster trucks. It was built by Everett Jasmer, to promote his off road business much like all the early monster trucks were such as Bigfoot, Bearfoot, Virgina Giant, King Krunch, and Awesome Kong. They were built on stock bodies with huge leaf springs, military axles, and heavily reinforced frames to accomiate the 66 inch tall tires. Everett actually got to go through a mud pit along side one of the fathers of monster trucks, Bob Chandler, eventually pulling out Bigfoot with his smaller K-10 truck. Since USA-1 and Bigfoot looke similar, Everett changed everything up in 87, painted it white, with the red white and blue decals we see today, and switched from a ford to a chevy.

in 93 he went to the tube chassis and after 2002 he started using the USA-1 name as a mission to support faith and to support the troops.

Clay, actually I was wanting to know how the kit went together. Pretty smooth or lots of work to get it together. That type of thing.

Thanks for the brief history on the trucks though.

The USA-1 Monster trucks was probably one of the first trucks I remember seeing as a kid. Seeing it in Kit from just brings back childhood memories.

Again, thanks for your time!

Chris

Clay, actually I was wanting to know how the kit went together. Pretty smooth or lots of work to get it together. That type of thing.

Thanks for the brief history on the trucks though.

The USA-1 Monster trucks was probably one of the first trucks I remember seeing as a kid. Seeing it in Kit from just brings back childhood memories.

Again, thanks for your time!

Chris

It actually went together pretty smooth. only real problem I had was the headers, because they go out to the side so far. But a few pieces of tape and some cussing held it together. And strangely enough, I dont have any plastic Bigfoot models because it was the first truck I remember seeing. I do have the metal body ones though.