Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 1951 Chevy

maltsr

I saw a photo of the Ted Leventhal 1950 Chevy and was inspired to build this based on the AMT '51 convertible.  The hood and deck were shaved, the side trim was removed and replaced with plastic rod and scratchbuilt skirts fitted to the rear fenders.  Paint is Tamiya rattle can, transparent green over TS21 Gold with Racing White on the lower body.  Interior is Racing Green and a light coat of white primer over the cream coloured plastic, then dullcoted.  Front chrome and dummy sidepipes are from the Revell 1949 Merc - so called because this dummy forgot to fit the kit exhausts before installing the rear suspension :rolleyes:.  Hence it's now a curbside build.

• 5 years later...
16 hours ago, TeoL said:

Hi, 

I'm Ted Leventhal's grandson. Unfortunately the pictures you provided for the model car are unavailable. I was wondering if you could send them to me so that I can show Ted.

Thank you

Teo Leventhal

Thanks for this Teo.  My build is not intended to be a replica, but I was so inspired by your grandfather's beautiful custom that I just had to create something similar in 1/25 scale.

020.JPG

018.JPG

1 hour ago, maltsr said:

Thanks for this Teo.  My build is not intended to be a replica, but I was so inspired by your grandfather's beautiful custom that I just had to create something similar in 1/25 scale.

020.JPG

018.JPG

WOW!!! what a beautiful model, it looks incredible. Ted said it looked amazing

Thank you so much 

On 11/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, TeoL said:

WOW!!! what a beautiful model, it looks incredible. Ted said it looked amazing

Thank you so much 

Cheers Teo, I feel humbled by your kind words and your grandfather's too - sincere thanks to him for providing the inspiration in the first place!