Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Pickup (14 Karat)

Here are the pics for this one here.  Very difficult to put together. Lots of fitting issues. I do not recommend this older release but not sure if the newer ones are any better.  I hope so because I have some resin parts to convert this to a stock version and I really want to build that option for this truck without so many cuss words coming out of my mouth.  Anyways....managed to finish it before tossing it. 

DSC_8488.jpg
DSC_8489.jpg
DSC_8487.jpg
DSC_8490.jpg

I like this old issue, that's the way they were, very fragile especially the door hinges.  It took me a couple times. The real truck was not much better. I had a '41.i like the gold, looks very old school. 

Thanks guys.

Fragile is one thing but this is very close to a POS kit. I really hope the repop is much better I have some ideas for two other builds for this.

Looks good in SHINY :):):).  Maybe put a black wash on the grill?

I did the black wash after suggesting it Jim.  Looks pretty good.  Thanks

Congrats on just getting it done, plus a nice paint job - fitting the cab/hood/fenders is tricky; if you channel the cab over the fender unit about 1/16, everything lines up. Of course then the door panel bottoms interfere with the floor, so more trimming... At least the sum of the parts has a very accurate look to it like most of the other Monogram 1/24 kits of the period.

Edited by ChrisBcritter