Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Mazda MX5

martinfan5

The picture at the end of Jonathan's opening post suggests a wrong hand drive dash will be included ;).  I also note the female driver figure which will add to the misconception that this is a girl's car - as the owner of a 1:1 MX5, this is most annoying!

Edited by maltsr

The poster at the end of Jonathan's post suggests a wrong hand drive dash will be included ;).  I also note the female driver figure which will add to the misconception that this is a girl's car - as the owner of a 1:1 MX5, this is most annoying!

Yeah Paul, wrong hand drive dash :lol:

The picture at the end of Jonathan's opening post suggests a wrong hand drive dash will be included :D.  I also note the female driver figure which will add to the misconception that this is a girl's car - as the owner of a 1:1 MX5, this is most annoying!

LOL. I have an NA version, it's not fast, but I never saw a girl going sideways in one at 6000 rpm in second gear. Ever!:D

• 1 month later...

There is not hardtop included. Anyone knows if the real car comes with a hardtop option? Also a soft top is AFAK is not included. All this with a limited choice of body colours.... I wish there is a justification to buy more than one kit, but apparently there is not.

There is not hardtop included. Anyone knows if the real car comes with a hardtop option? Also a soft top is AFAK is not included. All this with a limited choice of body colours.... I wish there is a justification to buy more than one kit, but apparently there is not.

Mazda has not shown any removable HT nor retractable HT yet. The Global Cup racer has a huge roll cage so it doesn't require a top. People have found RHT anchors under a couple narrow plastic panels between the door and trunk lid where they've hidden them. So far soft-top only, and I believe there is no uptop in the kit. It's a kit of the 1st year ND MX5, obviously as time goes by there will be more color and roof options. Whether that means Tamiya does any updates, or we rely on the aftermarket, is TBD. But as a complete Miata fanatic, I have 2 Tamiya kits on order and a ton of ideas. I've driven a trio of ND's at an event put on by Mazda.