Model Cars Magazine Forum

This kind of got me out of my major build slump, this is some sort of prehistoric beast...all solid resin...weighs about 5 pounds!! Plant material is from an ebay seller from Korea, very realistic stuff

rhino.jpg

P1010145.JPG

P1010143.JPG

Edited by Sixx

Great modeling, Derrick!

At first I thought the second one was a pic of my ex-wife, . . . then I realized it was a model of her.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!  Good thing you said EX!!!!!    Thanks guys! All of the models I posted here, got me outta my build slump that I have been in for over a year!!!!

Oh, yeah.  Opposite end of the spectrum from (and diametrically opposed to) the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B.  Her biggest complaint with me is that I refer to her as my second, current and last wife.  :)

I remind her that I also brag that she's my best wife ever.  :wub:

B)

Oh, yeah.  Opposite end of the spectrum from (and diametrically opposed to) the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. B.  Her biggest complaint with me is that I refer to her as my second, current and last wife.  :)

I remind her that I also brag that she's my best wife ever.  :wub:

B)

Danno, what I do is refer to my Wife as my Wife and my prior as my Zero 'cause I'm sure not going to give her a whole Number!

Like 'em all...but I LOVE the little Cessna. Everything. The oil, the chips in the paint on the cowlings, spinner and leading edges...and MAN, the WATER!!

I've seen a lot of model water over the years...used to do HO railroads...and I'm certain your water texture is the best I've ever seen. Looks like a windy chop, and maybe a boat has just gone by and the wake is bouncing off of the outboard float. Motion captured beautifully.

But I'm curious. Your airplane has both US and Canadian registration numbers. I wasn't aware that was allowed (I honestly don't know the regs for this, I just have never seen it before).

Just FYI: Your US registration N-number N-172MC comes up as a good number in use for a Cessna 172. No surprise there. But C-GFFV comes up as a Canadian-registered Robinson R-44 helicopter.:o

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

First of all, thank you Bill, got the idea from Mig Jimenez and his magazine...The Weathering Magazine...water issue. That's funny about the registration numbers! I don't know anything about that stuff, I just looked at the box top on where to put 'em. I also darn near did an exact copy of an article in the Water issue. You can see the original one in issue 10, page 48, titled, Puddle Jumper. Of course the builder, Rick Lawler, makes mine look silly. But that's OK, coz this is the first time I've ever built anything like that!