Model Cars Magazine Forum

Touch Tone Terror kit

Bucket T

It was shown at Toledo or similar as a future release, but I want to say I read Round2 decided to get rid of all the excess Little Red Wagon stock they had first, so maybe in another year or two we'll see the TTT return.

Edited by Casey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/23/2015 at 9:05 AM, disabled modeler said:

YES...Me too Dave....I had one as a kid and would love to have another with all the original stuff in it...heck Id be happy with just all the extras it came with even the cardboard topper and phone company stuff.

Considering Round2's willingness to include a paper base/display in a few of their recent reissues, it wouldn't surprise me if they included the original paper items again this time around. Not sure how (or even if) the Dodge Fever wheelstander has affected any potential Touch Tone Terror reissue, but still hoping this kit sees the light of day.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

Considering Round2's willingness to include a paper base/display in a few of their recent reissues, it wouldn't surprise me if they included the original paper items again this time around. Not sure how (or even if) the Dodge Fever wheelstander has affected any potential Touch Tone Terror reissue, but still hoping this kit sees the light of day.

Me too Casey....id think it would be fairly easy for them to re-issue the kit beings they have been re-issuing the same basic kit under the other ones...?  You know they would be good sellers for the company.   

4 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Me too Casey....id think it would be fairly easy for them to re-issue the kit beings they have been re-issuing the same basic kit under the other ones...?  You know they would be good sellers for the company.   

It was shown as a future release in this image from Neil's 2013 post...:

...and I recall someone her mentioned the Lil Red Wagon was still in a vendors lineup at that point (or maybe later still), so I don't recall the exact details, but that may have factored into their decision somehow.

I also wonder how they'd handle the IMC label. Would they re-brand it AMT in a retro style box? I have my doubts Round2 is interested in resurrecting the IMC brand, but I guess an e-mail inquiry to Round2 can't hurt, eh?

19 hours ago, Casey said:

It was shown as a future release in this image from Neil's 2013 post...:

...and I recall someone her mentioned the Lil Red Wagon was still in a vendors lineup at that point (or maybe later still), so I don't recall the exact details, but that may have factored into their decision somehow.

I also wonder how they'd handle the IMC label. Would they re-brand it AMT in a retro style box? I have my doubts Round2 is interested in resurrecting the IMC brand, but I guess an e-mail inquiry to Round2 can't hurt, eh?

Casey ..I have sent them a few ideas for new or re-issued kits before it was one of them...seems to me since the Touch Tone Terror was the first of those kits it would not be an issue to bring them back for us..?   id think it would be handled under the Lindberg name ..?

I think it would be one of the more difficult kits to reissue in its original form. Looking at just the paper parts, there would be a healthy bill from the printer/puncher alone:

2c9e946f-0bc8-4258-b4d1-c8d6246c64d7.jpg

Factor in the Ding-A-Ling parts haven't been used since 19...well, the very early '70s or very late '60s, so who knows if that section of the mold remains, or if they were separate inserts, if those can be found, or if they even still exist:

100_3247-vi.jpg

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
16 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Been rumored for years.......hope it has all the goodies!!! In for a few if it does.

I would assume the phone booth will be present, but the Ding-A-Ling(!) and the 'Frisco top we can live without. @SteveG any info you can share?

6 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

This seems like a dangerous question to ask...but what IS a Ding-a-Ling?

I'm scared to google Ding A Lings (especially at work...)

I think the Ding-a-Ling is the motorized version of the Phone Booth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stavanzer said:

I think the Ding-a-Ling is the motorized version of the Phone Booth.

Ahhhh, I see the illustration of it it on the instruction sheet posted above - thank you!

Now I REALLY want a Ding a Ling! 😁

• Confused 1