Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bone Shaker 41 Willys

Sixx

I tried to duplicate a 41 Willys gasser that I saw in Byron Illinois at the Meltdown Drags...which is all nostalgic gassers, fuel altered, altered wheelbase, you know, the cool stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to scratch build the teeth, slap a 427 in it, shoot semi gloss black. Could not find ANY skeleton decals or "stickers" that would work for this build....I had to do them and the name free hand! Ugh! Not perfect but looks good to me!

P1010156.JPG

P1010157.JPG

P1010165.JPG

Okay Derrick. Two things. TEETH !!!! Love them. Then there's the lettering / graphics. They look to me, to have been done by the guy who had the concept for the car, but his mechanical skills were better then his hand painting skills. They NEEDED to be done by hand.

Lastly, I use PhotoBucket and guess what? There's an app for that. It's a pain because of the ads, but every pic I take goes to PhotoBucket, then gets posted here. If you have any questions, pm me.

Very good job on that gasser Derrick as I too saw it at Byron. I believe that I saw Bone Shaker decals on the Slixx site recently. Your hand painting looks great!

I have those from slixx, it's in a different font. Actually, the lettering on the real one looks like bones