Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo NNL

Tom Kren

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to finish up the '67 Mustang by tomorrow evening! I'll be heading out Friday morning to get the Dayton get-together (COMA). 2008 was the last time I was there, so it'll definitely be a big time change for once! :)

Very early Saturday morning, it's off to Toledo------can't wait!

I haven't been to the Toledo NNL for 20 years, used to go every year with friends. I've heard that this show is small, compared to long ago. Is this still in conjunction with the Toy show?   Does anyone know if there is a class for 1/18 modded Diecast?

Cheers,

Lance

I haven't been to the Toledo NNL for 20 years, used to go every year with friends. I've heard that this show is small, compared to long ago. Is this still in conjunction with the Toy show?   Does anyone know if there is a class for 1/18 modded Diecast?

Cheers,

Lance

The Toy Show is much smaller than it used to be.

The NNL takes place in the same room.  There is not a dedicated diecast class, and to be honest, I can't recall seeing any significant number of these cars - NNL is still primarily a 1/24th'1/25th scale styrene and resin show.

The NNL Nationals in Toledo is a major event, though not nearly the size of several other NNL events these days, including the NNL East and NNL West.  It is still the original NNL event, now in its 36th year, so some people come only to this show and not the others.  Well worth the trip, in my judgment.   TIM  

Edited by tim boyd

I agree with Tim..........

I have only missed a few shows since 1983.  At one time our group from Charlotte got so large we rented a BIG RV to attend.

I do miss the huge toy/model sales floor. Last year I really didn't buy anything at all.....but had a GREAT time visiting with folks.

But change is the only constant........

Cheers,

Lance

In my pictures from NNL #27 I remember  a builder custom building some bigger scale die castIMGP0591

Just arrived here in Dayton for the COMA meeting in a couple hours. Really excited to see some of the folks again! Hard to believe it's been SEVEN years since the last time I was here! I hope to pick up a few gems at the toy show tomorrow in Toledo. ;)

I'm sitting here in Columbus Oh..........wish I could be in Dayton tonight.....but too old to stay up late and head out early for Toledo...

Just arrived here in Dayton for the COMA meeting in a couple hours. Really excited to see some of the folks again! Hard to believe it's been SEVEN years since the last time I was here! I hope to pick up a few gems at the toy show tomorrow in Toledo. ;)

I hope they recognize you Bill :)  I hope I recognize you....let me see...4 foot 4 inches tall...am I close :) You build a lot of snap kits :) 

After reading some of the comments on several boards, I realize I really needed to be there!  :(

I don't know why we never even talked about it in my circle!   I know I wouldn't have taxed my 160,000 mile Plymouth Breeze for the 10 hour trip, and Bill has a Porsche as his daily driver. I can't envision 10 hours in that one either!  Maybe we could've rented something spiffy, like a Challenger!