Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Ford Mustang RTR-X Drift Car

PatW

So this is my take on the drift car. Firstly the Interior with the modded sides of a Nascar roll cage and the rest in plastic tube. My own seatbelt decals with two spare race seats from the parts bin.

The rear view shows the rollcage and alloy tube exhaust tips. The C1 resin parts fit well with the arches shaped to fit the body contours. I've painted the wheels as close to the subject car as possible.

The induction pipes on the engine are in cut alloy tube, but I don't have a flaring tool for the tops of the pipes. I also fitted a pre-wired distributor and extended the rollcage into the engine compartment for extra safety. 

95.JPG

96.JPG

86.JPG

51.JPG

99.JPG

Cheers guys, yes the engine fits well plus the extended parts of the rollcage. I'd luckily bought coloured plasticard sheets at a local toy/railway/model shop last christmas, and used the black on top of the engine before mounting the induction.

I would have liked it a bit lower but the arches, being shaped to fit the body can't really be moved any higher. 

Edited by PatW

Nice work.

Re the lack of flaring tool. How about trying a suitably sized ball bearing sat in the tube and the tapping it gently with a small hammer? Different sized ball bearings for different flares.

steve

Or put a counter sunk machine screw inside the tubing , then mount the tubing in a vice and slowly pressing the screw into the tubing will flare it out,,,,be advised go SLOWLY