Model Cars Magazine Forum

D.O.T. numbers

Depending on the era you are modeling. I'm different and like to model the 70's and 80's era trucks as they would have been then. These required a number of fuel tax stickers, as well as ICC numbers, unit number, etc. and often times several plates. 

modeltruckin.com should have the decals that you need.

Depending on the era you are modeling. I'm different and like to model the 70's and 80's era trucks as they would have been then. These required a number of fuel tax stickers, as well as ICC numbers, unit number, etc. and often times several plates. 

modeltruckin.com should have the decals that you need.

Were the fuel tax stickers mounted on a license plate size plate, small stickers about the size of the annual registration sticker on a car?

I remember seeing trucks with a second "license plate" on the front covered in small stickers when I was a kid. I haven't seen that on trucks for many years now. 

Were the fuel tax stickers mounted on a license plate size plate, small stickers about the size of the annual registration sticker on a car?

I remember seeing trucks with a second "license plate" on the front covered in small stickers when I was a kid. I haven't seen that on trucks for many years now. 

The bulk of state fuel stickers were applied to the driver's side of the truck. There were also some on passenger's side, and New York was on the front. There were tags like you're speaking of on the front of the truck as well that had stickers on them. If I remember right, drivers used to call those "bingo cards". I'm not sure if the bingo card preceded the side stickers, or whether they were used together. I do know that prior to the side stickers there were also fuel tax plates on the front of the truck that differed some from regular license plates.