Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Granata`s KNUCKLEHEAD DRAG BIKE : On the Work Bench 9/30/15

Hello......My friend Don Granata asked me to build his 1971 Revell issue of a : 1320 Digger HD `74` KNUCKLEHEAD drag bike.......I never had this kit as a kid but,I always wanted one......It will be a joy to build this for Don......I`m so happy to be able to build this kit.......I got all the chrome being stripped......I will have an up-date tomorrow.......thanks for looking........here is the link to see the "Outside" finished pictures........

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/107677-don-granatas-knucklehead-drag-bike-outside-finished-pictures-111015/DSCF0567_zpsyk6ua0pa.jpg

DSCF0570_zpsgh0d0amy.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments......i really do appreciate them:).......I striped all the chrome and started sanding the seams and ejector pin marks.......I will be making alot of modifications  and adding alot of detail.......here are a few mock-up pics......I wanted to see how things fit.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0572_zpsluztfgvv.jpg

DSCF0577_zpsslgwbh3z.jpg

DSCF0575_zpspainx5k0.jpg

DSCF0574_zps21lztf9k.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments .......I really do appreciate them:).......I did a little work on the engine.......I made some push rods and V-line and top oil lines.......I also made some new fuel tanks......the ones that come with the kit are just to small.........I got the frame put together and all the seams glued and sanded.......the exhaust pipes are all glued together and sanded.....all the fittings and  details will be added later......thanks for looking.

DSCF0590_zpsstlycddk.jpg

DSCF0596_zpsvioolmrq.jpg

DSCF0581_zps7p58ltey.jpg

DSCF0584_zpssiysamxj.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Oh Johnny Boy.... I don't know how I missed this one here. Guess I was thinking it was going to be in the Drag Racing section... Sorry Buddy. So glad to you stared on this. This is going to be one Kick A$$ Build!! As usual yours always are. Looking great and I can't wait to see more of this one.

Hey Chris.......thank you for the kind comment I really do appreciate it:)........I modified the : Front end, handle bars and grips,..the frame,carbs,trans,fuel tank,...the Knuckleheads,the seat.......I made some petcocks ,spark plug boots and I made the guts for the magneto with a clear top......I will fine sand everything and get it  all ready for primer and paint.......thanks for looking.

Truly enjoy ANYTHING you build John.  I especially like the nice "obscure" details that you find and detail, in this case the chain tension adjuster and the ignition / coil......of course, the rest is quite cool too.   Cheers, Tim