Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

On 12/13/2018 at 3:45 PM, Belugawrx said:

Ok Whoa,....tell us about those (scale perfect) hose clamps mister wizard ...!

This is awesome brother

Thank you all for the kind comments.  The clamp detail was kind of an afterthought being there are 46 of them.  It started with the radiator hoses looking unfinished so I tried bare metal foil.  I cut inch long strips the thickness of an exacto blade and they actually stuck.  It does take tweezers and a magnifier to apply with a slight overlap and trimming the excess away.  The detail looked fine but while I was at it I tried adding the tightening mechanism.  I used silver 28 gauge wire cut to about 1/24"-applied a drop of super glue to foil using a random length of the same wire and quickly added the piece.  It was all sealed with Testors flat clear acryl because the foil can move while handling.  It looked good and wasn't as difficult or frustrating as I thought it would be so I added the detail to the rest of the plumbing.  It really helped to finish the look of the intercooler connections and was worth the time.  Thanks for following.  Steve    

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the interest and kind comments everyone, I will give an update to where I'm at.  I have been messing with the dash detail and like most things with this build there is a lot of trial and error. While not a facsimile, I hope whatever I come up with will pass as an acceptable attempt.  One of the better interior pics.

11701054_10207480961451556_5349726778644679837_n.jpg.704bff9082704d248dd55da248febfdb.jpg

This detail is also on the lower door panels so I took this image found on the internet and

5c272896b42e9_carlogos.jpg.74f95a9aa8e46b2f191e99ab0d4f61de.jpg

printed it out in different sizes.  I then cut them out and glued them on black construction paper that I cut to the shape of the leather mat that the emblems are affixed to.

IMG_1912.thumb.JPG.400430a6b1e5569b21fed20f64437c6b.JPG

I'm still experimenting.  This last pic is the original on top followed by normal black on white decal paper, then darker black on clear decal, then normal black on foil , and normal black on clear.  The door panels to the right are normal clear decal applied to foil.  So far the original and white decal are giving a better look.

IMG_1911.thumb.JPG.e0ad8826e9632f96179d527af0a0f330.JPGThis is the last detail for the interior if I can find something to be happy with.  Thanks for the support.  Steve

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 8:58 PM, Ridge Rider said:

Thank you all for the kind comments.  The clamp detail was kind of an afterthought being there are 46 of them.  It started with the radiator hoses looking unfinished so I tried bare metal foil.  I cut inch long strips the thickness of an exacto blade and they actually stuck.  It does take tweezers and a magnifier to apply with a slight overlap and trimming the excess away.  The detail looked fine but while I was at it I tried adding the tightening mechanism.  I used silver 28 gauge wire cut to about 1/24"-applied a drop of super glue to foil using a random length of the same wire and quickly added the piece.  It was all sealed with Testors flat clear acryl because the foil can move while handling.  It looked good and wasn't as difficult or frustrating as I thought it would be so I added the detail to the rest of the plumbing.  It really helped to finish the look of the intercooler connections and was worth the time.  Thanks for following.  Steve    

Well good!

Now we have something in common.

I do my hose clamps the same way on occasion.

Wouldn't want to do 46 of them at once though! ;)

Steve

• 4 months later...

Sorry Bob and anyone else who might be wondering but there is no new progress.  Life happens and it stalled out for a bit but I really would like get it finished up this year.  I'll update when I have some progress to show.  It's too close to being done, I have to finish it.  Thanks for the continued interest.