Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.  If I wasn't building this I would be intently watching myself.  I have an update on the air tanks and main body skirt.  I used 3/8" tube with styrene added on the ends to make the rounded shape.

gigahorse_002.thumb.JPG.19e1e52b9cb7e295

A simple structure with wire holding the tank, drilled and pinned to the frame. I am still trying to figure out the upper tank mounts. 

gigahorse_003.thumb.JPG.7476ae0f8d5c233f

The fitment with the body.

gigahorse_009.thumb.JPG.a53309bf4ec4a50e

Thanks for looking.   Steve 

Edited by Ridge Rider

Thanks guys.  I have the upper tanks done and mounted using pins and rods.  They are forward and offset to the lower tanks but are still removable for more fabrication and painting.

gigahorse_014.thumb.JPG.2e18460b3dfa2979

So I have many fuel and air tanks from semi models but none are 3/4" round which I feel is accurate for this scale.  I had to resort to pvc sprinkler pipe that was 7/8" and grind and sand it to 3/4"  and epoxy styrene to the ends.  I wish I took in progress of the tank mounts but they are .06" sheet styrene shaped and sandwiched between .02" sheet  and strip.  These tanks are still in progress and need more work but this is where I'm at.

gigahorse_008.thumb.JPG.fa6017c6f8cc24ecgigahorse_011.thumb.JPG.d44149fb4e7a09c7

Thanks for looking.  Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider
content

Thanks everyone,  I am appreciative and humbled by the following of my little project.  So I worked forward to get the overall spacing of components and stance of the Gigahorse.  I am now working backwards to fill in the missed or needed structure detail. I have the dummy tanks done and the rear skirt detail.  They are both removable/paintable structures at this point. I liked all these pictures so I will share.

gigahorse_003.thumb.JPG.c1178324c8f40a09gigahorse_005.thumb.JPG.12104b5a3f69b164gigahorse_006.thumb.JPG.9cd980f15cc73eedgigahorse_007.thumb.JPG.2e311cfc23e0e42agigahorse_008.thumb.JPG.bf4596243b0c0719gigahorse_010.thumb.JPG.42512f8dc728ddb6gigahorse_011.thumb.JPG.db77ccbdfb334998gigahorse_012.thumb.JPG.07de2bf4e1831f3egigahorse_014.thumb.JPG.50cdd257c88c0ca5gigahorse_016.thumb.JPG.d469bd97e826db5eThanks for looking.  Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider

Thanks guys.  Joe, I just haven't got the creative juices going again since Memorial weekend-hopefully soon.  I did add detail to the inner wheel on the duallys.  It's another one of the details I've known I wanted to add after studying the film and pictures.

gigahorse_009.thumb.JPG.5908a3ad900dafcf

Looks even better Steve. 

Have you ever been through Weiser ID ? 

Yes Andy, through being the key word.  It's the gateway to the gateway (Cambridge) of Hells Canyon.  I have enjoyed hunting and fishing in the area.  Weiser is quite famous for a fiddle festival though.  Thanks for looking . Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider

Those hubs are looking sweet Steve. You have an eye for detail is see. 

I have family that moved to Weiser in the late 70's to run a motel. That Old Time Fiddler convention got my Aunt and Uncle in hot water over a few long standing reservations they were not told of when they purchased the business.