Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

• 4 weeks later...

I am finally getting some time and motivation to move this project forward.  I located and pinned the gas tanks to help aid  the exhaust pipe location.  I wanted the  pipes strong but yet removable through the fab process.  After many failed attempts I ended up with a heavy stick pin as the core, covered by 3/32 tube with a 5/32 tube over this.  It is slotted to hold the exhausts in the proper position but is still removable.  I am happy to be moving past this issue and hope to have better progress moving forward.

gigahorse_001.thumb.JPG.f14d8e2cd0555160gigahorse_005.thumb.JPG.605a8ccfe6784049gigahorse_008.thumb.JPG.a921daef99c2d708gigahorse_009.thumb.JPG.8403fc1b39951497gigahorse_010.thumb.JPG.e3aae698e00bd779gigahorse_011.thumb.JPG.57ec81787a3e8d93

Edited by Ridge Rider
photos

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone.  I am still working on some of the details.  I made the shackles and the teeth on the lower bumper to finish out the rear.  The side molding on the main caddy, upper radiator shroud supports, and some firewall detail.  I think armament will be next.  Thanks for looking.  Steve

gigahorse_007.thumb.JPG.c520cfeda09684d9gigahorse_006.thumb.JPG.e3004d1c04705228gigahorse_013.thumb.JPG.2ff4984de29227ebgigahorse_014.thumb.JPG.3fe75c308c4e75f0gigahorse_021.thumb.JPG.35c9439e6c27db75

Edited by Ridge Rider
photos

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the continued interest in this project.  I don't have any big update to give you but I am tinkering with some of the small details. The tail light housing fitment to the fender is terrible on these kits.  I will update when I have more to show but I just haven't put a lot of time in this yet this winter.  

"The tail light housing fitment to the fender is terrible on these kits."

Are you suggesting that the fit is.....mediocre? :D

I appreciate your attention to detail on this project and I'll happily devour any updates when they are available :D

• 2 months later...

Looking for any available updates.Many fans have had to endure a lot of winter weather since you last posting.Spring is officially here so go ahead and amaze us I double dog dare you!!

Edited by misterNNL
Left out a word.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone.  Sadly Photobucket has blocked all my pics but I am going to try to upload directly to this forum and replace them all.  The Gigahorse  progress has slowed down.  I have done a little work on the spear gun but little else.  Thanks for the interest and support and wish me luck to restore this build.

gigahorse 008.JPG

gigahorse 007.JPG

gigahorse 001.JPG

I am glad I followed this and saw all the progress before the Photobucket-Apocalypse.  Pay $399 a year to have your pictures show up on forums (3rd party hosting is now the top tier paid plan)

Anyways, keep it up! Love the movie and love the build.