Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Hudson Hornet

Anderson_15_

This is my first post here on the workbench section so ill try to keep you guys posted. I've already started the model though. So far so good. Besides needing to put the exhaust pipe and drive shaft in the chassis loose, because they will be in an enclosed piece in the chassis, the rear end went together extremely well. The white walls are also amazing! The engine was good. Needed to modify some parts to make them fit right though. Again I didn't glue the spindles onto the chassis or the control arms so they are steerable. 

Because this is a mafia car, I need some gangster figures and guns, stuff like that. If anyone has some parts from any Gangbusters kits, I'd like to buy or trade for them. 

pacens iphone 2 002.PNG

pacens iphone 2 001.PNG

Edited by Anderson_15_

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful job on the steering.

The interior is best done using the guide on the instruction sheets; it's fairly accurate for color placement.

If you're doing a wise-guy's car, I'd suggest a muted color scheme- less flashy is better for that, but you still want to leave an impression. 

Seal Gray with the blue interior would be a nice choice. Scale Finishes has that available as a mix. Elm City Hobbies in Nova Scotia handles Canadian Distribution. If you don't have an airbrush, Testors Gloss Gray will do. 

Honey Cream with a brown interior would also be a good move. I would suggest using Testors flat brown, flat light brown and tan for the dark/medium/light areas. Not "exact," but it'll get you in the ballpark. Again, you can either use Scale Finishes or Testors 2-step lacquer Ford Phoenician Yellow is very, very close to the factory color. 

Black with a brown interior would also be within reason. I like Tamiya's Gloss Black. I think it's the best one on the market, and that includes the automotive paints.

The paint chips are here. http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1953-Hudson-pg01.jpg

Charlie Larkin

What a great looking kit! Awesome job so far! The interior and engine look incredible. 

actually no. The interior is not mine. I only posted it showing what mine was going to look like. I stated above saying not mine. Maybe this will be more clear. But thanks, the engine is mine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...