Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future Possible Moebius Semi Trailer Kit?

chuckyr

On 2017-12-13 at 7:45 AM, highway said:

While I would like to see a modern flatbed also, I DON'T want to see it offered with super singles! I won't drive a truck with them on and I don't want them on my builds either. 

They may be light and good in every way but I don't like the look with super singles on a tractor, I think it looks cheap, a real truck should have dual wheels.

Edited by Force

On 10/9/2015 at 10:19 PM, Petetrucker07 said:

Yes, it is for weight. On a standard closed tandem setup, it's good for a legal weight of 34000 pounds. With a spread, it's legal to 40000 pounds. Most modern spread setups have either or both, dump valve and lift axle. That prevents the dragging and damage to tires. But, a good driver knows how to drive with a spread axle trailer, so damage doesn't happen.

They also ride much better and are more stable in slick conditions like snow.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/2/2019 at 6:50 PM, chuckyr said:

DSC_0715-vi.jpg

Maybe this isn't the thread to post this in, but whatever.  Is it just me, or does that look like a Federation starship in the lower left corner of the photo?  And what's that red car on the right?

13 hours ago, Bennyg said:

You knew something was in the pipeline!

Ben

Well, he got it from here

But, it was said I think last year that this was going to be the follow up to the box trailers they did, so its been kind of known for awhile it was at least on the future project table.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chuckyr said:

I'm hoping that Revell or  Italeri will offer a current modern tractor to go with this trailer and other modern trailers. Maybe a Freightliner Cascadia, Kenworth t680 or t800 or t880 or a Western Star 4800.

I agree 100% , we need , or I should say , it would be nice to get some new modern tractors .

15 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I agree 100% , we need , or I should say , it would be nice to get some new modern tractors .

At the NNL, Revell was asking for your wish list.  I emailed Revell Germany with several requests and I got a rather detailed response from them about the requests I made were too "exotic" as they described them, but viable possible future subjects. I suggested road paver, cold planar machine and asphalt roller in 1.25th scale kits. Revell said they first need to do some new "trucks, excavators, payloaders, figures etc."  I then made several truck tractor and trailer requests on the Revell Germany FB page and got several immediate likes from Revell.  I think there might be some new American trucks in the future from Revell and Italeri.

BTW, I would like to see a Cascadia 116" BBC

2014-freightliner-cascadia-t-a-mid-roof-

Edited by chuckyr